Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer! He's a demon on wheels...
Stateside, Speed Racer would prove to be highly popular, to the point where it would become a pop culture icon, with toys, games, and various merchandise, and even a film adaptation in the Noughties (reviewed hilariously by Nostalgia Critic and Bennett the Sage here).
- TV Anime
- Originally a Manga
- Various adaptations also exist.
- Trans-Lux (dub)
Country of Origin
- Speed Racer
- Racer X (aka Space Ghost)
Used in Poop By
Main Source for Poopers
Most of the episodes are available on YouTube
- In Germany, the show was pulled after 3 episodes due to complaints about violence.
- In the '90s, the show rebounded in popularity after a re-airing on cable.
- Partly inspired the visual style of the Matrix series.
- Why is the Mach 5 numbered "5"? In Japanese, "Go" is how you pronounce the number 5. Since the Japanese title is "Mach Go! Go! Go!", the Mach 5's number is actually a pun on the word "Go" (which is used in the English sense in the title).
- Danielle Pluzsik has stated that her dad watched the show when he was a kid.