This article presents a general view of the franchise. For more detailed information, check out the individual pages.
More than meets the eye
Autobots wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Decepticons
Robots in disguise
-The iconic Transformers theme song
Robots that turn into cars, airplanes, animals, alien technology, and other things (such as microscopes, radios, and even giant metallic hands) battle each other. There are always two factions of them, the Autobots and Decepticons. Their battle extends from their home planet of Cybertron to Earth, sometimes across the galaxy. It was based off of Japanese toys called "Diaclone" and "Micro Change", the former being about toy robots piloted by humans, and the latter was robots transforming into life-sized replicas of objects (i.e. guns, toy cars, cassettes).
- TV cartoons, toys, anime, manga, comic books, 7 films (one animated film, four live-action films, two made-for-TV movies), and a bunch of video games. Basically, everything.
- Made by Hasbro (created brand), Marvel (fleshed out backstory), and Takara-Tomy (created original toys).
- 1984 (original series)
- 1996 (Beast Wars)
- 2000 (Robots in Disguise)
- 2002-2006 (Unicron Trilogy)
- 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2017 (Michael Bay films)
- 2008 (Animated)
- 2010 (Transformers Prime)
- 2011 (Transformers: Rescue Bots)
- 2015 (Transformers: Robots in Disguise)
- 2018 (Bumblebee)
Country of Origin
US (much of the fiction)/UK (much of the comic fiction)/Japan (created the original toys that became Transformers)/China (makes most of the actual toys)/Canada (Beast Wars and Beast Machines cartoons)
- Transformers Generation 1
- Generation 2
- Beast Wars/Beasties
- Beast Machines
- Robots in Disguise
- The Unicron Trilogy (which consists of Armada, Energon, and Cybertron)
- Movie series (which currently consists of Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen, Transformers: The Dark of the Moon, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and Transformers: The Last Knight.)
- Transformers Animated
- Transformers Prime (also includes War for Cybertron. Notable for having Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as Cliffjumper.)
- Shattered Glass
- Kiss Players (which we don't like to talk about...)
With emphasis given to those seen in Youtube Poops
- Optimus Prime - Transform and roll out!
- Grimlock - An Autobot that transforms into a tyrannosaurus rex (in Robots in Disguise, however, he was a backhoe). He's been doing it long before Beast Wars.
- Ratchet - Generally, Ratchet is the medic of the Autobots, but in Transformers Animated, they made him a fat old man instead.
- Bumblebee - I wanna be the guy too!
- Jazz - One of the only black Transformers, along with Blaster and some other guys.
- Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime - The next in line for the Primes. Nobody likes him.
- Ironhide - Leakin' lubricant!
- Sideswipe - Plays too many violent video games.
- Arcee - Yes, there are female Transformers. Yes, she is pink. Also Rattrap's great aunt.
- Prowl - A jerkass police car who sounds like Drew Pickles.
- Ultra Magnus - Can't deal with it right now.
- Megatron/Galvatron - Megatron is almost always the main villain of the piece.
- Soundwave - The emotionless tape deck with the cool voice.
- Starscream - Wants to be leader of the Decepticons, and is in no way subtle about it. Has a large number of recolours.
- Cyclonus - One of Megatron's few loyal Decepticons.
- Frenzy - This small, blue Transformer is one of Soundwave's subordinates. Turns into a cassette.
- Rumble - This small, red Transformer is one of Soundwave's subordinates. Turns into a cassette.
- Devastator - A gigantic Transformer created by several Decepticons (Constructicons) merging together: Scrapper, Hook, Scavenger, Bonecrusher, Long Haul and Mixmaster.
- Wasp - Why universe hate him!?
- Shockwave - As cool as a purple guy can get.
- Blitzwing - An insane triple-changing Decepticon who has three forms and three personalities; "Icy" (calm and serious), "Hot-headed" (which is the Terminator if he had a cold), and "Random" (batshit insane).
- Thunderblast - A slut.
- Unicron - The irony of a planet-sized eating machine being played by Orson Welles wasn't lost on anybody. Basically the Transformers' version of Satan.
- Primus - The God of all Transformers. He also likes the band named Primus.
- The Fallen - A giant Transformer that's always on fire. He actually has very good balance.
- Sideways - A mysterious dimension-hopping guy who works for Unicron. In Revenge of The Fallen, he was a Decepticon with no connection to Unicron.
- Wreck-Gar - An insane garbage truck Transformer who quotes old sitcoms and commercials, as well as the songs by "Weird Al" Yankovic.
- Spike Witwicky and Sparkplug, AKA some men nobody cares about.
- Darth Vader - A Sith Lord who transforms into a gigantic moon, which we will call a "death star".
- Koji Onishi - Some Digimon reject with the guts to call Megatron "a loser".
- Sam Witwicky - Also known as eBay username ladiesman217.
- Mikaela - Sam's girlfriend. She has lots of personality and does more than provide fanservice, really. :D Unfortunately, she's not in the third film. :(
- Lori - When a 14-year-old girl is enough to scare Norio Wakamoto, you know there's something wrong.
- Nicholas - An agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. who works with his pal Dum Dum.
- Sari Sumdac - One of the only humans in this series who isn't annoying... or is she?
- And hundreds more. Hundreds, HUNDREDS more.
It is actually a somewhat frequently-used source, but Transformers is still not nearly as popular as other sources such as Team Fortress 2 since it is generally only used by the same eight or so people, plus those YouTube-only guys who aren't community members.
First Used in a Poop by
Often Used by
Sometimes Used by
- Transformers has actually had a pretty all-star cast. Case in point: Orson Welles, Leonard Nimoy, Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Robert Stack, Lionel Stander, "Weird Al" Yankovic (who performed the song Dare to be Stupid in the G1 movie in addition to voicing the Transformers Animated incarnation of Wreck-Gar), Megan Fox, George Takei, John Turturro, Tyrese Gibson, Scatman Crothers, Ernie Hudson, Michael Ironside, John Noble, Jeffrey Combs, Tony Todd and Dwayne Johnson have appeared in the franchise at one point or another. In particular, the Transformers 1980's movie was the final role for both Scatman Crothers and Orson Welles. Not bad for a toy commercial.
- In the webcomic involving Sabrina Skunk (you know, the one that MustangSally72 loves), there are many Transformers toys around, which sometimes a-la Toy Story. Despite the fact that there's about 12 Optimus Primes around, those toys are led by Blackarachnia (formerly by Grimlock) and their main enemy is a baby named Timothy Squirrel-Woolfe.
- Some characters have really unfortunate names. Highlights include "Erector", "Slag", "Slapper", "Windbreaker", and "Spastic".
Main Source For Poopers
Other External Links
- Wikipedia Page
- The Transformers Archive
- The Transformers Wiki
- Transformers toy database