He's a fat scientist in his 40s who loves chasing hedgehogs and eating sandwiches. He's also got an IQ of 300 and is a feminist. What more do you need to know?
Eggman is actually a semi-competent scientist; it's just that he's been lightening up over time. In his lifetime, he has summoned ancient deities sealed away in glowing jewelry, blown up the moon (though Link took credit for it), had his own robots betray him, pissed off a red echidna, and had his plans be foiled by a bunch of animals. He also managed to successfully capture Super Sonic in Sonic Unleashed, which proves that he may be getting somewhere.
At one point, Eggman had gotten his own TV show. It was enjoyed universally and loved by many. It was a variety show offering things such as sketches, musical performances, and the occasional celebrity guest star. One famous (yet controversial) episode has Morshu appear as a special guest. Eggman and Morshu, being close friends, proceed to exchange jokes and perform some sketches for the audience, resulting in an extremely rare instance of global laughter and enjoyment. However, during the episode, Eggman had a heart attack and was in critical condition. Unable to go on performing any longer (and because the network hated him), Eggman decided to call it quits. Episodes of EGG TV are currently available on torrents or on DVHS-disc, though they are sometimes re-run on Rock TV.
- NO WAY!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!
- Yosh...(He says this when molesting a Chao)
- GET A LOAD OF THIS!
- PREPARE TO BE SKEWERED!
- Don't get so excited, boys! Those were the EASY ones!
- It was...
- OH HO HO HO!
- All I have to do is push this little button.
- Not just a race, but a SPECIAL race to see who's the fastest!
- Mwahahahaha! Guess what, Sonic Heroes!? I have finally developed the ultimate weapon! In three days, I will conquer the world! Think YOU can stop ME!? MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
- You must have a death wish?!
- I'll show you what real evil is!
- I just don't like their race.
- I can't stand leaders!
- I have to resign!
- YouTube Rupees!
- You little...
- YOU LITTLE!!!
- EVERY TIME!!
- N-no! T-the controls won't respond!
- W-WAIT! NO! This is a delicate machine!
- YOU KNOW YOU LOVE IT!
- He lost a lot of weight in between the Saturn/Dreamcast eras.
- He was inspired by The Beatles' song, "I Am the Walrus", which if you didn't know, referred to an "egg man".
- He once successfully managed to sabotage a Jonas Brothers concert.
- Despite formerly creating robots by "roboticising" cute animals, he prefers just building his own robots nowadays.
- Is responsible for unleashing the Tails Doll upon the world.
- He likes to dance to the '80s Loverboy song "Workin' For the Weekend", without wearing a shirt, much to the dismay of Sonic and his friends.
- Shadow the Emo-hog sent him "straight to hell".....by karate chopping him to death.... I'm being serious here.
- He is not an egg, just sort of shaped like one.
- He was NOT mentioned in Billy Joel's song "We Didn't Start the Fire", either (Adolf Eichmann =/= Eggman)
- He has skinny legs compared to his fat belly, making it hard to support his own weight.
- He, along with Shredder, King Dedede, Dr. K, and Dial Bolic were briefly recruited by Wayne Cramp from Cramp Twins to help take over the Fox Box. The plan failed because 4Kids mailed a bunch of DVDs exposing it to the viewers.
- While Robotnik has Scratch and Grounder, Eggman has Orbot and Cubot.
- He claims that "Nobody calls him that anymore"
- Dr. Eggman appears in the 2012 Disney film, "Wreck-It Ralph"
- He is the Eggman.
- Dr. Robotnik, his cartoon and more popular counterpart.]