Guilty Gear is a fighting game created by Arc System Works. Initially released for Playstation in 1998 and then published by Atlus, it has since received a good-sized fan following and is now considered one of the major fighting games. It is most well-known for having an "oddball" cast of characters, an overwhelmingly deep fighting system, and a kickass soundtrack. Much like a certain other fighting game series, Guilty Gear XX has been released around 7 different times,
which makes you wonder why they won't make Guilty Gear XXX already. Actually, with a game titled like that, I bet they just don't want to get into trouble with angry parents. WHAT THE FUCK THEY FINALLY MADE A NEW ONE PRAISE THE LORD- AND THE NEW ONE GOT A SEQUEL WHAT THE ACTUAL SHIT AND THAT GOT AN UPDATE TOO YOU ARE FUCKING WITH ME
- Video Game
- Created by Daisuke Ishiwatari
With emphasis given to those seen in Youtube Poops
- Sol Badguy - The titular Guilty Gear; Sol is an immortal bounty hunter. And he loves making Queen references. It helps, that the creator is a fan of Queen. His real name is Frederick Bulsara. Go figure.
- Ky Kiske - Sol's bisexual French rival.
- May - A cute little pirate girl who should not be confused with the Pokemon trainer.
- Jam Kuradoberi - She really shouldn't kick so high. Xrd then sorta restored her almost-racist Chinese speech impediment.
- Bridget - Aww, what a cute little girl. Shame that he's a boy then.
- Millia Rage - An emotionless Russian woman who fights with her hair. She's rivals with Zato-1/Eddie.
- I-No - Evil witch woman who plays guitar. Also ignore the hyphen its pronounced "Eeeeeeeno."
- Johnny - Voiced by Norio Wakamoto. This is going to be good.
- Chipp Zanuff - A white-haired, American ninja-wannabe who is now president of a kingdom, if that makes any sense. Looks a lot like Toshiro Hitsugaya.
- Zato-1 - A blind man who fights with his shadow. Died but was resurrected somehow.
- Eddie - A Forbidden Beast controlling Zato-1's body after his death. He replaces Zato in terms of character roster and plot after Guilty Gear X up until Xrd where Zato got resurrected becase why not.
- Venom - A long-haired pool player who is legitimately gay for Zato and wanted vengeance on Millia and Eddie for what they did to him long ago.
- Anji Mito - A shirtless Japanese man who fights using paper fans. His friends include Baiken, and Otacon from Metal Gear Solid.
- Baiken - A female version of Rurouni Kenshin who fights really well considering that she's missing an arm and an eye. After constant unending fan demand on a par with Megaman, Geno and Jubei from Blazblue, she's back in Xrd Rev2.
- Potemkin - A big fake-Russian man from Zepp.
- Dr. Baldhead/Faust - An evil, bald-headed doctor. Sound familiar? In Guilty Gear X he puts a paper bag on his head and becomes Faust. And is a good guy.
- Axl Low - Axl's a British guy from the past, and Guilty Gear's past is our present. So, uh, yeah. Also, he's named after the guy from Guns 'n' Roses.
- Slayer - I say there! After my spot of tea, I won't mind sucking your blood! Hohoho! I then punch you into space and recite a haiku! Excellent!
- Zappa - Possibly the only thing in the world that can watch Pickle Surprise without doing as much as twitching an eyelash.
- A.B.A. - Some weird zombie woman with a pet key. Who she wants to marry.
- Testament - A long-haired, androgynous villain. He (yes, he) looks a lot like Orochimaru.
- Kliff Undersn - An old man about 2 feet tall. How he can turn tall and young for a brief moment is a mystery. Also Testament's foster dad. And dead.
- Dizzy - Three-year-old in the body of a 17-year-old. Has a cool theme song. She's also Sin's mom.
- Justice - OK, can somebody remind me why they put an incredibly phallic spike on a female robot again?
- Robo-Ky - A robotic version of Ky Kiske with a flying bike. Nothing more needs to be said.
- Order Sol - An alternate, younger fake-good guy version of Sol.
- That Man - Don't ask. AKA that guy who started the whole Gear mess. (also his real name's Asuka R. Kreuz. Isn't Asuka a girl's name?)
- Bedman - A guy who lies in his bed all the time and is also very loquacious, often exacerbating the problem when he wins and feels the need to gloat his dominance into his opponent's face, much to their chagrin. Indeed.
- Sin Kiske - Ky's son from Guilty Gear 2: Overture, the one Guilty Gear game that wasn't a fighter and was instead a weird RTS thing. It sucked. Now he's in Xrd to the dismay of everyone who wanted to forget Guilty Gear 2 happened (i.e. everyone).
- Izuna - Another Overture survivor. A white fox man who insists he isn't a chicken breast. 'Kay.
- Dr. Paradigm - Some wacky sea dragon scholar in a crystal ball. Well, at least he's weird enough.
- Valentine: Overture's villainness. May or may not be Sol's girlfriend from long ago.
- Ramlethal Valentine - The boss of Guilty Gear Xrd. Has no sense of humour. Basically, she's Valentine from Overture but black.
- Elphelt Valentine - Because every fighting game in the 2010s needs an obligatory animu genki girl character.
- Leo Whitefang - The world's greatest Lysandre cosplayer.
- Jack-O - The new gal from "Xrd REVELATOR" (Oh come on, Arc Sys!) Wears a weird combination of businesswoman suit and strait jacket and has a pumpkin mask. She's wacky but hey she's sexy so.
- Kum Haehyun - A girl who- STOP LAUGHING! A girl from Korea who...controls a giant robot that looks like Gouken from Street Fighter. By playing some strings inside the cockpit. Well. Is DLC, too. Yeah Arc Sys is kinda bad about that.
- Raven - Either he's one of That Man's flunkies or he's an alternate timeline Axl. Its not clear. Finally became playable in Revelator.
- Answer - Chipp's secretary. Fights with the power of EXTREME NINJA TAX MANAGEMENT and spends the entire fight on the phone.
- The Announcer - HEAVEN OR HELL!? DUEL 1 - LET'S ROCK!!
Want to use this source in a poop? Choose from any of these games to use. In addition, there was a promotional anime for Guilty Gear X and both Xrd games have fully motional story modes.
- Guilty Gear (1998)
- Guilty Gear X (2000)
- Guilty Gear X Plus (2001)
- Guilty Gear Petit (2001)
- Guilty Gear Petit 2 (2001)
- Guilty Gear X: Advance Edition (2002)
- Guilty Gear XX (2002)
- Guilty Gear XX #Reload (2003)
- Guilty Gear X ver 1.5 (2003)
- Guilty Gear Isuka (2004)
- Guilty Gear Slash (2005)
- Guilty Gear Dust Strikers (2006)
- Guilty Gear Judgement (2006)
- Guilty Gear 2: Overture
- Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (2007)
- Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus (2009)
- Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus Online Edition (2012)
- Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core Plus R (2012)
- Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (2014)
- Guilty Gear Xrd REVELATOR (2016)
- Guilty Gear Xrd REV2 (2017)
- Guilty Gear -STRIVE- (2020)
First Used in a Poop by
Often Used By
Sometimes Used By
- According to Unseen64 , Guilty Gear was orginally to have 3D models as opposed to 2D sprites that this series (and many ASW and non-ASW games - BlazBlue and Under Night In-Birth being an examples) is well known for.
- The series is currently partially owned by SEGA; the Guilty Gear games are published by Sammy, who saw a merger with Sega in 2004.
- Arc System Works made another fighting game suspiciously similar to Guilty Gear called BlazBlue. Heck, even Sheep Will Sleep (If You Become Fatigued) from Isuka sounds like Noel's theme at the beginning.
- Capcom was going to do a crossover with this series, but it got cancelled. What a shame.
- After twelve goddamn years, there's finally a new entry in the series for PS3 and PS4, with glorious cel-shaded graphics.
Main Source for Poopers