LJN was originally a toy company that is infamous amongst gamers for publishing terribly shitty games based on popular movies, comic books and television shows of the '80s and early '90s rather like Acclaim, THQ (until around 2011) or Ocean. The low quality of their games was made ever popular by the Angry Video Game Nerd, who has reviewed various LJN titles, and calls LJN "Laughin' Jokin' Numbnuts." Originally they were run by MCA until Acclaim bought them for one of their labels, the name was used in SNES/GB games rather like Flying Edge was used on Sega systems to get around publishing restrictions. This name died out when the Playstation/Saturn was released, however it was revived for one game on the Dreamcast.
Noticeable games published by LJN
Note: The developer if available is listed in brackets.
- Back to the Future (Beam Software)
- Back to the Future 2 & 3 (Beam Software)
- Friday The 13th
- A Nightmare on Elm Street (Rare)
- Alien 3 (Probe [NES/SNES], BITS Studios [GB])
- BeetleJuice (Rare)
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (Software Creations [NES], BITS Studios [SNES])
- Spider-Man and X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (Software Creations)
- Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage (Software Creations)
- Spider-Man and Venom: Separation Anxiety (Software Creations)
- WWF Super Wrestlemania (Sculptured Software)
- Bill and Ted`s Excellent Video Game Adventure
- True Lies (Beam Software)
- The Uncanny X-Men
- Jaws[:The Revenge] (Westone, yes...)
- The Karate Kid
- The Incredible Crash Dummies (Software Creations [NES], Gray Matter [SNES])
- Wolverine (Software Creations)
- Spirit of Speed 1937 (Broadsword)
While most games were negative reviewed and are poor, however a couple titles are actually fairly decent. Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage and True Lies are regarded by people to be their best games. Even then, games that are developed by Software Creations usually had really good music that pushed the NES/SNES due to that composers Tim Follin and his brother Geoff were involved, some people just listen to the soundtracks without playing the game.