PinnacleStudio is a form of editing software and is used by few poopers. The current version is Studio 17. It costs around $50-$130 in three versions, the regular version, Plus version and Ultimate version.
Beginning with Version 9, the Plus version was offered, featuring a second overlay video track also allowing for simple picture-in-picture and chroma-key effects, third-party plug-in support, and more. Beginning with Version 11, an Ultimate version was released that included special upscale third-party plug-in apps (such as Prodad VitaScene).
Avid, the former parent company of Pinnacle Systems, later released Avid Studio, a more upscale consumer video editor that had many of the same features as Pinnacle Studio did, along with a lot more. When Corel bought Pinnacle Systems, they took Avid's Studio, and retooled it to be the new version of all Pinnacle Studio versions since version 16.
Advantages over Windows Movie Maker - Version 9 to 15 plus
- Two to four audio tracks
- A-B Edits
- Chroma Key
- Better titling tool
- More export options, such as exporting to MP4
- Better pan/zoom control
- Hundreds of more transitions and more effects
- Speed and reverse effects
- Pitch shifting
Features in Versions 16 and greater
- Unlimited video audio tracks (Ultimate version only; basic version has three of each and Plus as 12 video and 12 audio tracks)
- Advanced overlay effects
- A-B Edits
- Third-party plugin support
- Direct upload to YouTube
- Everything else in the previous section
- Requires a powerful computer
- Windows only
- May lock up and/or crash on some systems
- Several additional useful effects and plug-ins may cost money