Potatoes is a starchy root vegetable and a YTPedia user account belonging to mapo. If you would like to know more about this user, go to the YouTube Pooper page about him. In the meantime, here are some recipes you can try out using potatoes!
Baked potato is one of the common ways to cook a potato. It is usually baked by the oven and it has a crispy exterior with a fluffy interior. Baked potatoes can be plain but it can also include butter, sour cream, cheese, gravy, scallions, and meat. But this recipe will follow how to make a baked potato using a conventional oven.
Here is the following things needed to make a baked potato:
- 1 large russet potato
- Cooking oil of choice (Olive, Sunflower, Vegetable, Canola, etc.)
- Salt (any kind of edible salt really)
- Toppings of choice like butter, sour cream, cheese, gravy, scallions, and meat. (optional)
- Conventional oven
- Knife (optional)
Here is how you make a baked potato:
- 1. Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds
- 2. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (or 176 degrees Celsius)
- 3. Wash your potato thoroughly using stiff brush and cold running water
- 4. Dry the potato and poke 8-12 holes all over the potato using a fork
- 5. Coat the potato with oil and sprinkle it with salt
- 6. Once the oven reached the desired temperature, place a baking sheet on a lower rack
- 7. Place the prepared potato on a rack above the baking sheet rack
- 8. Wait for 1 hour or until the potato is crisp on the outside and soft on the inside
- 9. Carefully take out the potato when ready
- 10. Cut open the potato using a fork or knife and add toppings if you want to
Note: If you are going to bake more than 4 potatoes at a time, you may need to add around 15 minutes to your cooking time.