After seeing "The Dalek Emperor Toasts the Universe", I wrote to Pikawil, which then lead me to discover the name YouTube Poop. I did a Google search and found that an old online acquaintance of mine (Timdrage) had made some himself, and he and his friends had also written about them. After a little more researching, I realized that there was quite a few people making them, yet no one had thought of opening a website for it, or even buy the domain name for it. Everyone I spoke to about it seemed to treat it like some overnight meme, yet the videos back then seemed to date back a couple of years. After attempting to make a poop myself, my sense of inadequacy motivated me to instead chart the progress of this genre and make it as an online champion for an art movement, rather than a mere fad. These days, the emphasis has moved to keeping the site alive and finding time to manage it all.
I, along with Miss10, was a part of the first YouTube Poop Tennis match ever conceived. It still remains to become a basis of most, if not all, YouTube Tennis matches as of today. In fact, some even state that that match-up was the best one YouTube Poop has ever seen in it's lifetime.
First poop seen
First poop made
You weren't there at the beginning (of YouTube Poop) is, in the opinion of it's author, a rather clumsy emulation of the poops he had seen at the time. The usage of Hotel Mario is, of course, an important hallmark, which many don't grow out of. But the use of Tom Baker from Doctor Who swearing didn't fit at all. Interestingly, the Thames TV ident and other 80s TV artifacts being a very British habit in poop making, which indicted that pop-cultured nostalgia goes hand in hand with some sort of a video montage in the UK.
- Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
- Power Rangers
- Doctor Who
- Volvic Adverts
- Cd-i Advert
- 80s Adverts and mini documentaries from YouTube.
- Stutter Loop Plus
- Rape Rave
- Ear Rape
- Stare Down
- CD-i, although I didn't mind a bit of Hotel Mario.
- Noobs who think that just because they've made 2 Cd-i poops, they think that they own this site.
- mrSimon (Probably due to him calling Conrad a Nazi.)
- Often relied upon meta-jokes; which is referring to Youtube Poop within the poop itself.
- Had surprising low viewer stats. That indicated not only his failings as a Poop maker, but also at self-promotion.
- Often spent long amounts of time making poops. Sometimes, it took him a few days!
- Was also once notably called a Nazi by mrSimon during a rant video of his.
- Known by some as the George Lucas of Poop, due to his fetish for ridiculously complex and needless special effects. This was most clearly demonstrated in / Battlefield Poop 90210].
- Has more recently spend consider time promoting the adoption of Poop Tennis as a method of solving creative block.
- Popularised the use of the vixy logo within the body of a poop.
- Also popularised the use of a picture-in-picture effect.
- Superyoshi (His more recent stuff.)
- Cloggedone (Aborted.)
- Built this site and worked endlessly to make it bigger and better until April 2008, when 3 Americans took over and left accordingly.
- Spent most of 2006 unemployed and therefore put most of his time working on this site.
- Started a job in January 08 working in the television industry, apparently filming porno films...
- Nowadays, he rarely makes any videos. When he does upload a video (onto Youtube or his website), it most likely is something pointless.
- He returned to the forums on May 26th 2010, and there was much rejoicing.
- He is (Or should I say was?) the oldest YouTube Pooper around, being about 35 or 36 years old.