Stuart K Reilly

Show off yo badass computer

147 replies to this topic

Essemkay

Terrible image quality incoming.

nr5xtvU.jpg

oBemSE2.png

(Case is a Corsair 400R)

I'm so fucking glad I got this built. I spent five years too many with that compaq.

I'll post an internal shot when I get a new, modular PSU (currently I'm using the 550W non-modular one I tore out of my old computer) so the inside isn't a total mess. I also plan to replace the monitor, get a BD drive and an SD card reader for the front panel, and a new mouse and keyboard. That'll all happen over the next year or so.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Coming in 3rd in the Super Smash Smackdown! for Youchew&3DS Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Alpha

IYnr6CS.png

Finally upgraded this shitstack.

lcNGTlf.png

The greatest performance that $150 will buy.

The HD is a 1TB 7200RPM Western Digital that shreds donuts around my old HD.

Still need to upgrade my cat.

For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year For participating in the 2013 Ghostly Art Halloween contest

Joosh

1Fg9Nuy.jpg

I have a Lenovo B590 as my personal laptop.

Processor: Intel Dual Core i3

RAM: 4 GB

Hard Drive: 500 GB

For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For hosting 2017's YouChews the Winners event! For having a blog featured HEART ON STICK MUST DIE I had a strizoke in my brizain. I wasn't sure how big to make the hole for the head, so I used a watermelon for size. For receiving candy during the Valentines Day event! Lucario AH NEED A MONSTUH TA CLOBBUH DAT DEH KIRBEH! Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Spirit of YouChew 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 For collecting all 30 silver cards! For collecting all 60 bronze cards! I'll have to give myself a promotion! For getting 20 awards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event Participated in the 2014 and 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange For clearing Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door during our community challenge event.
For participating in the MK8 online tournament. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. Your generosity is greatly appreciated Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Most Helpful Member 2015
User with Funniest Signatures 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016 Friendliest User 2015
Friendliest User 2016
Friendliest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017 The Second Anime Collab For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos 2.b.a. master Mmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Participating in 10 collabs with NICE PEOPLE! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

RyDawg

My system

MacBook Pro 2012

Processor: Intel Core i5 dual core 2.5 GHz

Memory: 8GB DDR3 16000 MHz

Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Display: Built in (13 inch, 1280 x 800) and Dell 1907FP Display (19 inch, 1280 x 1024)

Storage: 500 GB SATA Hard Drive

Defaul Browser: Safari

Default Video Editor: iMovie

display_mbp_13.jpg

For staying strike free for 3 years. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Spitfire

n18bb5.jpg

Sony VAIO VPCEH-12FX

My laptop. Runs Vegas pretty slowly. 5 minute video/15 minute render average. Probably going to upgrade to a desktop.

Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (YTPMV) / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 / Top 10 Videos of Jan 2016 (YTPMV) / Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 (YTPMV) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Spooky Poop 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 102 videos Hooray! Chewm For 5 completed games of tennis Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 27 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 27 videos

Smonge

I remember years ago while building my PC I was largely told not to bother with Assrocks. I've been so happy with my Asrock 970, I bought 960 for a lower-spec build I'm doing for my mom.

skuwlh.jpg

Going with the Phenom Black dual-core, again. Friggin' love Phenoms, and it's a shame that they're hard to buy anymore. 4gb Gskill Ripjaws, recycling my ATI Radeon 5550 HD. Got a 500w power supply, and I just need to buy some coolers and a case. And probably Windows, too, as I remember the graphics card giving me a lot of problems with Linux. Actually, I'll very likely have to break down and get another graphics card down the line since I also remember the fan on it being nearly dead and just barely spinning. I just don't plan on making any use of the integrated graphics chipset on the board--who would?

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. For writing 11289 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. October 2013 - "Still the Road is Full of Photographs" (YTPMV) Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Simply Simple Simply Simple 2013, Favorite Staff Member 2014, Friendliest User 2015, Most Helpful Member 2015 2013 Thanks for being awesome, Smonge. June 2012 - Overall, Regular For the category of Most Helpful Member
2013, Friendliest User 2014, Most Helpful Member 2014 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For the Innovation in Simplicity Collab. Stayed strike-free for 1 year.

WeepinnWillow

HP-Pavilion-g7-1368dx.jpg

I own an HP Pavilion g7 laptop. It's really good, only real problem is the screen flashes now and then.

Here's the specs of the thing:

xFVz2RF.png

It runs Vegas 13 incredibly well, it's fine with Gmod, CS:S and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3, and it doesn't suck.

For getting 20 awards IMMA SUGAR DADDY HEART ON STICK MUST DIE For collecting all the bronze cards EYELASHES! For participating in the Youtube Poop Secret Santa event of 2016 Thanks for the donation. For participating in the 2016 Spooky Poop Contest "Spare change? Spare change, ma'am?" For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for having 40 5-star ratings on your videos September 2014 - Sentence mix-core Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years drugamin, MrTomato26, and ComputerGuy6545 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 7 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Waymu

My Acer Aspire 5532 laptop. It's horrendous but it exists.

CKqeUZK.png

It came with Windows 7 but it ran unbelievably slow.  Put Windows XP on it a few years back, and let's just say I only saw a minor improvement. Those temperatures concern me as well.

Wads of dosh Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For reaching this poop milestone. Submitting 100 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For completing Super Mario Sunshine during our community challenge event. Testing the IPS 4.0 Update For writing 10594 words worth in blog entries. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Most Likely to Rule the World 2015, User with Coolest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016. Most Likely to Rule the World 2016, Smartest User 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Best Image Editor 2016
Best Image Editor 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for having 45 5-star ratings on your videos Have a Ratburn For fighting the good fight in the war against copyright. For what is probably the first 60FPS YTP ever made. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years December 2013 - "Brett Keane collab" (Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 great head CHEWS YOUR RACER Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos December 2012 - Brain rape/Rape-core as promised. congrats on 5 matches! Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year

BOBO1

W2S98b6.jpg

QXLeF7j.png

2hEjpPU.png

And Nvidia 8400GS

My Dad got me this computer. It's good other wise; I can poop, play tf2 and just about anything else. It has it's limits, but I am working for a faster computer with windows 8 or at least windows 7 64 bit(you know).

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

joestrange8

WNvkkRh.jpg

The three monitors you see on my desk are hooked up to my gaming rig (Windows Server 2012). The monitor right next to my desk is my Linux server (CentOS 7).

Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

Yoshit

Just a quick update. I now own 3 more Apples:

*2014 Macbook Pro (bought for $900 on clearance at the Navy Exchange)

*1984 Macintosh 512k (works)

*Another Macintosh 512k (horizontal collapse problem)

I actually didn't mean to buy both Macintosh 512ks, but, I won both auctions, and thus, obtained both. My Macintosh SE/30 will be put in charge of making floppy disks for the 512ks (as it is capable of reading both 1.4MB disks, and also older 400k and 800k disks).

For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Really appreciate your generosity Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having your blog entry featured.

Dopply

You've got that right.

And damn, I'll have to post my rig when I get back. I need a multi-monitor setup badly, because I have one at work and I don't think I can deal with the struggle at home.

Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying warn free for 9 years Thanks for contributing to that Chewstream. Granting permission for a card that was later dropped For releasing articles on YouChew's Best of the Year series from 2007-2015. It's gonna hurt It's yours, my friend Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For taking second place in 2014's Chew-or-Treat awards. Congratulations! For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years User with Funniest Avatars 2014
Spirit of YouChew 2017 Spirit of YouChew 2014, Most Likely to Rule the World 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2015
Spirit of YouChew 2016, Smartest User 2016, Most Helpful Member 2016, Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years August 2012 - Sentence mix-core, Classic For the categories of Funniest Signature and Spirit of YouChew.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015 February 2012 - "Merlin's Penis" (Sentence mix-core) Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 34 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 215 days before it was shut down Cause he's Dopply!<br />
<br />
And for posting at the end of the Gen Chat thread! Yesterday should count, right? For my cock. Obviously. A thanks to myself, I suppose, pardner. Miss10 gave this to me, and congratulated me. I felt special. For moderator service. For the most Fucking Horrifying Character in Rabbit's Character Study contest.<br />
<br />
Good work!

Yoshit

$900 is a damn good price for a new Macbook.

Well, it was in the clearance aisle in the electronics section of the Yokosuka Navy Exchange. Someone probably bought it new and then returned it because they didn't know how to use it, and claimed that it was defective. I have yet to have any issues myself. The original price was around $1300, maybe $1400, according to an older price tag on it.

Here are the specs for my Macbook Pro:

*2.9 GHz Intel Core i7 processor

*8 GB RAM (1600 MHz DDR3)

*Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

*OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5) (And Mavericks is free to upgrade)

Initially, I was a bit iffy on buying it, as I had the money saved up, but I was weary of spending it. I was planning on possibly buying an Air, or possibly a Mini, looking at the display set up in the NEX. I then saw the machines in the clearance aisle. There were 2 Macbook Pros for $1000, and 1 for $900. I was still feeling iffy, so I left the NEX empty-handed.

The next day, I made up my mind and bought the $900 one, the very computer I am posting from currently.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Really appreciate your generosity Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years For having your blog entry featured.

Bloodis

Soon...

6FObGP6.jpg

Asus Z87-A motherboard

Intel i5 4690k 3.5 GHz CPU

Asus Geforce GTX 750 TI 2 GB GPU

Corsair CS750M power supply

And a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case as soon as it comes in stock from another store.

I'll take the rest of the stuff needed from my current computer for that then to complete it, and I might get more RAM sometime around too since I only have 6GB at the moment.

For hosting and participating in the 2012 YouChew Secret Santa art contest! For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 33 videos with a 5 star rating For the Commercial Collab 5 multi-way tennis matches. Awwww yeah. Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos Hosting YouChew's Secret Santa of 2012. July 2012 - "What's un Hatsune doing with them Music club girls?" (Brain rape/Rape-core) July 2012 - Overall Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! 10 matches done 5 tennis matches yo Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

Soon...

6FObGP6.jpg

Asus Z87-A motherboard

Intel i5 4690k 3.5 GHz CPU

Asus Geforce GTX 750 TI 2 GB GPU

Corsair CS750M power supply

And a Phanteks Enthoo Pro case as soon as it comes in stock from another store.

I'll take the rest of the stuff needed from my current computer for that then to complete it, and I might get more RAM sometime around too since I only have 6GB at the moment.

V nice. Looks better than mine, and I can still run everything.
The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!