The Pope

Overwatch

2,979 replies to this topic

Whelt

I keep gravitating to Soldier 76 because I can't do shit with anyone else, help

I had someone playing that booster guy pin me and then throw us both off a cliff. That was funny. But now I keep losing.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Dognapalm

Pick bastion like 90% of new players, sit in a corner and get play of the game.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

The Pope

Eh, Bastion's one of my favs. And I try to be tactical with him. I think he's pretty rad.

Him and D.va are some of my top favorites. I liked McCree when I first played him, but I think I like DIE DIE DIE just a bit more.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

RGS

What was with all that controversy because of a character's "sexual" pose? I don't see anything extremely incorrect about that.

For the work you've done on the review of Kanye West's The Life of Pablo. For staying strike free for 1 year. For getting 20 awards For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For completing Majora's Mask during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Submitting 50 videos to the Video System For collecting all the silver cards Best Newcomer 2016 For collecting all the bronze cards Top 10 Videos of Dec 2015 (Sentence mix-core) Top 10 Videos of Feb 2016 Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For having a blog featured For the Cool Cat Saves the Kids Collab, great job! Participated in the 2015 YouTube Poop Secret Santa Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For getting all the standard ornaments An Avid Collaborator is YOU! For participating in 10 successful collaborations. For going above and beyond with the Gamers Collab! For the Gamers Collab--CONGRATULAAAAATIONS! Spooky Poop 2015  For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Submitting 5 videos to the Video System

Mari

Some guy just wanted to get laid so claimed it was sexist but instead of girls flocking to him they just laughed.

For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For clearing the Chao Race challenge during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 3 & Knuckles during the community challenge event. For completing the difficult task of achieving all A-ranks within the main game of Sonic Adventure 2. For clearing Sonic Adventure 2 during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for having 41 5-star ratings on your videos For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards For meeting Fiddlesticks411 and Badluckcrow Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years if I were a wealthy man Runner up, E3 2012 Bingo event Congratulations! For placing first in Mushrooms' Sonic CD competition. You've won a total of 727,777 Chewbucks! October 2011 - WHAT IS A BOB ROSS October 2011 FIFTY! Twenty-Five five Thanks for being good for so long! For service. Ribbit! Thanks for the cookies!

The Pope

The real problem was that the pose was sexy, it was that it wasn't indicative of the character. Tracy's a spunky, fun, lighthearted character, so having her just standing there flaunting her butt to the camera didn't work for her character. Meanwhile Widowmaker, a very sexy character, has plenty of sexy poses but nobody minds because it's a part of her character as a femme fatale.

This video on the subject can explain it better than I.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

appdirect

I tried this game, it seems kinda bland so far. Perhaps it would be better if I play a bit more, but know knows?

For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

Dognapalm

As I said in the other thread, they replaced the pose with a pinup which is arguably just as 'sexy' as the original one. Anyway, I seem to be relegated to playing support most of the time, not that I mind lucio is fun as shit.

For staying strike free for 5 years. For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years

Whelt

New pose is better than the old one. Not because it's less sexist, it just looks better.

Again, the problem is not that sexy characters exist. It's more that fiction often tends to create worlds where unattractive or normal looking people don't exist. Or they're the villains. I can forgive it in a game as cartoony as Overwatch, since not every work of fiction needs to represent real life and it's good to indulge on some fantasy once in a while. It only becomes immersion breaking if everyone is beautiful in an otherwise "realistic" world, or if a bunch of white guys are in ancient Egypt, or whatever.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Friendliest User 2015, Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Ghoulston

I have a Mei addiction. I just really like throwing walls at people, freezing them when they peek around the corner, and slamming an icicle through the back of their head. Just wish one of her quotes wasn't a lazy Frozen reference.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down This is delicious yes yes For taking part. For winning For taking part. 10 5 For making the medals prettier. You been good! Always writing.

Dognapalm

It's great when the other team has a really bad Mei that keeps splitting the team in half with poorly placed ice walls

JimPaladin

The awful dialogue between the characters is killing me.  I just hear Mei say "Wow Tracer, you're my hero, you're such an inspiration!" and then Tracer replies, "No, Mei, you're the real hero!"

Like holy shit, it's one step above "You did it!", "No, we did it!".  It's only an issue with aesthetics but I absolutely can not fucking stand how sterile and lame most of the heroes are in the game, they have all the personality and charm of soaked wood.  

Also there's some series issues with Bastion given how some maps are basically just designed around a single chokepoint and of course with the whole "shieldbot" Reinhardt meta matches at "higher level" play just turn into one team camping their Bastion and the other team just sitting on their dicks waiting for ults to charge.  It's like Team Fortress 2 but a lot worse and it really breaks the pace of games.  Doesn't help that Bastion will always get Play of the Game when he kills two whole people, followed by the McCree highlights where his ult scores one whole sick frag.

Another thing I've noticed, playing pretty much exclusively Reinhardt, is that it's obnoxious as fuck to tag 2-3 people in one long charge but then run out of walls to run into (or worse yet, tag a wall but just go sliding off of it) and the charge ends and then the people you bodyslammed just kill you.  If Reinhardt reaches max charge, it really needs to either damage the people you caught or at least send them flying backwards so you can try to escape.  The charge is one of the most fickle things I've ever seen, sometimes the tiniest corner cuts you off and sometimes a large corner just makes you sort of slide past it.  Another issue is the game doesn't make anything clear when it comes to what you'll charge through and break and what you wont.  A few times I've charged through rails and fell off the map because I wasn't sure if the rails were going to stop me or not.  It's a small problem easily corrected by playing the map but it's still an annoying one.  Another thing is sometimes you hit people pretty much dead fucking center to you and yet they bounce instead of getting caught.  This is probably just an issue of netcode/lag but it's still very annoying.

Reinhardt is pretty fun and I enjoy his aesthetics (except for his shitty fucking voice which is just a recycled WoW voice choo choo good job Blizzard keep the good work up, pay Steve Blum and that other anime voice actor guy some more fucking corn on the cob for their jobs well-phoned-in) aside from some issues with charging.  His shield is actually incredibly overpowered (as seen by the current "meta") and makes camping way too easy.  I feel that if he isn't moving around (i.e., camping the same place) the shield should recharge much slower.  This alone would not only promote Reinhardt and his team moving around a bit, but would stop this ridiculous "the whole game centers around the overpowered turret guy" meta at least a little bit.  All in all I still feel the game isn't very good and is just kind of a very typical low end FPS that pretty much should be f2p.

Edit: Another serious, perhaps even the biggest issue, I have with the game is the setup of the servers.  Maybe this is just because the game is still in beta and stuff and better features haven't been added, but queuing for matches like it's a hero arena/moba is terrible and the fact you get punished for leaving a match is just incredibly stupid.  It's a freaking FPS game.

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

JimPaladin
1 hour ago, appdirect said:

I tried this game, it seems kinda bland so far. Perhaps it would be better if I play a bit more, but know knows?

There's not much to it other than what you'll see at face value.  The gameplay isn't very in depth and none of the characters change through playtime (as far as leveling up/actually changing goes).  If Blizzard weren't a bunch of tools one thing I feel that would make the game feel so much better would be more responsive frags.  When I pin three people to a wall as Reinhardt and slam them to their death, it'd be nice to get a little more feedback other than the cowboy guy's hat falls off his head.  Getting a crit rocket in TF2 feels fun because it has a sound, visual and damage tag associated with it so you really feel like you just splatted a fucker when you hit them with the rocket.  If Overwatch had any shred of heart to it, you'd gib people as you slammed them into the wall and send a bunch of M Rated bits flying all over the place.  

Again, just an aesthetics thing but a lot of people are voicing the complaint that they think the game is super bland, and the "don't be offensive to anyone!" air the game exudes is a big, big part of that (roping back into how I talked about how shitty some of the canned dialogue between characters are.  Like, seriously.  "No, you're the real hero"?  What's next?  Is one of them going to suddenly quip, "We can do it if we just believe in ourselves, team!")  

1 hour ago, ReaderGamerSinger said:

What was with all that controversy because of a character's "sexual" pose? I don't see anything extremely incorrect about that.

Entirely fake controversy over how a character in a skin tight suit stood with their butt to the screen doing a generic "hero turns their back to the screen pose".  Solid Snake can do it and no one cares, but a female character does it and suddenly it's sexist!!!!

For writing the guest article "What is a Musical Leitmotif and How Do You Use It?" Smartest User 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017 For staying strike free for 7 years. For staying strike free for 1 year. For staying strike free for 3 years. For staying strike free for 5 years. For being on the Vanilla forums for 107 days before it was shut down

King D. Supersepiroth

I'm not gonna lie. I think the whole Tracer controversy was set up by Blizzard, it's just way too perfect publicity-wise.

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For participating in the 2016 Ghostly Art Contest For getting 20 awards For collecting all the bronze cards For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing A Link to the Past during the community challenge. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Organizing and completing the Harkinian League Spooky Poop 2015 For staying strike free for 5 years. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Sonic 1 during the community challenge event. For being a super teammate Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos For having a blog entry featured. Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years

TyrannosaurusReich
Spoiler

i'm more of a d.va guy myself, but i would have zero issue with tracer sitting on my face

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

JimPaladin

what if i told you d.va is thematically the shittiest character in the game....

Ghoulston
1 hour ago, Dognapalm said:

It's great when the other team has a really bad Mei that keeps splitting the team in half with poorly placed ice walls

That's me. I'm a-mei-zing.

For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down This is delicious yes yes For taking part. For winning For taking part. 10 5 For making the medals prettier. You been good! Always writing.

TyrannosaurusReich
4 minutes ago, JimPaladin said:

what if i told you d.va is thematically the shittiest character in the game....

jim you don't like ANYTHING about this game why should we even believe that

For writing at least 10,000 words in blog entries For staying warn free for 9 years Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years HHHUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLKKKKKKK!!! Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 12 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 241 days before it was shut down

JimPaladin
Just now, TyrannosaurusReich said:

jim you don't like ANYTHING about this game why should we even believe that

i like that u have shit taste about it : )