Tug

Your Unpopular Tastes in Movies/TV

616 replies to this topic

SuperYoshi

Oh, and while I'm in the thread, as much as everyone knows this by now, I love, love, love Tim Burton's Batman movies.  Batman is my favorite movie ever and Returns is really, really up there.  People still clamor about the 1989 movie but it seems like Returns isn't exactly cared for these days, which I think is kind of a shame.  It's not faithful to the source material in any conceivable way, but while Batman seemed more subdued, Returns feels like Burton was allowed to do whatever the hell he wanted and it shows.  It's something I don't think we'll ever see in movies again.  Everyone seems to play it safe these days as opposed to a more stylistic, original approach and I wish we'd see that more often with comic book movies.

Wads of dosh For staying warn free for 9 years For your immense generosity. Thanks for helping out with the new server Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For having your blog entry featured. 2013, Smartest User 2014, Spirit of YouChew Award 2015, Smartest User 2015 2013, User with Coolest Avatars 2014, Favorite Staff Member 2014 2013
User with Coolest Signatures - 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years February 2012 - "I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL" (Overall, Classic) Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 15 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 243 days before it was shut down

Whelt

I think we need more montages set to mellow '90s love songs in comic book movies.

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
User with Funniest Avatars 2015
Spirit of YouChew Award 2015
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
User with Funniest Avatars 2016
Most Likely to Rule the World 2016
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Member with Funniest Posts 2016
Favorite Staff Member 2016
User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Smartest User 2017
Member with Funniest Posts 2017
Most Likely to Rule the World 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2017
Favorite Staff Member 2018
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2016
2013 For the categories of Spirit of YouChew and Funniest Posts.
Spirit of YouChew Award 2014
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

G ☆

I thought just about all of the older Batman's were more fun to watch than the Nolan trilogy, but I actually thought Forever was the more entertaining out of the Schumacher movies.

Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

thapoint09

Since Shark Tale was brought up, I'll go on record saying the character models never bothered me.

For staying strike free for 5 years. Submitting 25 videos to the Video System For staying strike free for 3 years. August 2014 - "Lady Ski Conquers Compton" (Sentence mix-core) Best Musician 2014, Best Musician 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos September 2013 - Overall, Regular

Cantfly

I don't care what anyone says; the use of Partyman in Batman 89 is still incredible and whether or not it dates the film doesn't matter to me

Metroid: Samus Returns 100% For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For being part of the Recommended Poops of December 2016 For getting 90 5-star ratings Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Thanks for the donation! For completing Super Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 20 awards to kick some tail Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 50 videos User with Funniest Signatures 2014, 
Best Writer 2014
User with Funniest Signatures 2015 November 2013 - "drake bell power slide" (Overall, Classic) Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 2013
User with Funniest Avatars - 2015
Best Writer 2016 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for having 25 videos with a 5 star rating Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks YOUTUBE'S NOT ATHLETIC December 2011 - Regular, Classic Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos For uploading a Lou Albano/SMBSS video to the Showroom during our special LouChew week. http://youchew.net/forum/index.php?/page/index.html/_/mediareviews/bad-teacher-review-r384 You've had that down there for quite a while now, haven't you?<br />
<br />
Spreading Lago Love

Whelt

This sums up everything I know about Batman 89:

ekg41Zg.png

(I haven't seen it)

The galaxy is at peace Metroid: Samus Returns 100% Metroid Fusion complete Metroid Prime 2 100% Metroid: Zero Mission early Varia Suit and Screw Attack Metroid: Zero Mission under 2 hours Wads of dosh DOING YOUR TEETH FAVORS That's a lot of love! HOOOOOW GENEROUS! BUT I'M ALL MILLHOUSE! For staying warn free for 9 years For obtaining 50 awards. For completing all of the Legend of Zelda challenges during the community challenge. Well done! For completing Four Swords Anniversary Edition during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing A Link Between Worlds during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 90 5-star ratings For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Designed cards #1-4, #34-35, #48, #55, #60, #83-85 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years You got $5,000,000! Congrats! For completing Super Mario Land 2 during our community challenge event. Wow! For completing all of the games required for this badge during our community challenge event. For completing the very hard game of Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels (or just Mario 2 in Japan) during our community game challenge. For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Galaxy during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario 64 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For clearing Mario Sunshine to 100% completion during the community challenge event. Thanks so much for your generosity! He's finally back Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years 2013
Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018
Most Likely to Rule the World 2018 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For your participation in your favorite Cowboy Bebop session article. Chewbot gives congrats for reaching this poop milestone Chewbot gives congrats for having 44 videos with a 5 star rating Runner up in the E3 2012 Bingo! Chewbot gives congrats for having 21 awards For the category of User With Funniest Avatars.
2013 cashmoney February 2012 - "GENIE HAS ALLERGIES" (Regular) November 2011 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 130 videos Thank you for your donation!

Erazor

Batman Returns was better. Is that unpopular?

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

appdirect

It showed that you can have a movie with many villains and make it work.

For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments For staying warn free for 9 years Wads of dosh For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For getting 20 awards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 7 years. User with Funniest Signatures 2015 app has become Little "mmm" Richard For participating in Chew-or-Treat 2014! Member with Funniest Posts 2014, User with Funniest Avatars 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2015, Member with Funniest Posts 2016, Member with Funniest Posts 2017 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013 Remained strike-free for 3 years.

The Pope

Isn't this pretty much the same thing as "your unpopular opinions"?

At any rate, I love Attack on Titan, but a lot of people apparently don't, and that makes me sad.

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

Nozdordomu

It seems like most people enjoyed 22 Jump Street more than 21, but I'm of the opposite opinion. 22 was just a bit too cerebral to be really funny, although it had some hilarious moments, don't get me wrong.

Also, when I mentioned Amelie in the "good movies" thread, at least a few people responded saying that they hated it. Why?

For getting 20 awards For being a part of the Recommended Poops of November 2017 For staying warn free for 9 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Best Writer 2015 Questioning the Triforce of Wisdom's prophecy. mmmmmmmmm Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For having a blog entry featured. 2013, Best Writer 2014
Best Writer 2016 
Best Writer 2017 For meeting Malk at Amoeba. For "GWoNAM Has Not Died Yet" Well done, Link. Well done Link! Are you meen? Because I sure am ha ha ha! Thanks for being strike free. Best overall character in Rabbit's Character Study contest. Good work!

G ☆

Isn't this pretty much the same thing as "your unpopular opinions"?

At any rate, I love Attack on Titan, but a lot of people apparently don't, and that makes me sad.

I was about to actually say, in terms of this site and real-life, I'm mostly on the standstill, as in it's a guilty pleasure, and in a way it's competent, but by no rate do I find it the best thing ever mostly since after a while the flaws started sinking in. One of my main problems with the series, as I've said several times before, is the characters are anything but complex, original, or well-defined. I know you've said before you think they're "psychopathic" because of how ingrained their archetypes are, but I just see it as typical anime laziness and trope-sticking that you see so often: Eren's the "Kill 'em all" Shonen protagonist who probably eventually figures out that flaling a sword everywhere while rushing into battle and being a complete fucking idiot maybe isn't a good idea. Mikasa's the spiritual guardian who's only goal is to ensure the protagonist's survival. Armin's the "frail, but brilliant tactician" who has a chance of being easily corrupted(though the "shitty role models thing, you do have a point on, though given the conflict and setting, I don't know if they could be any better of "role models" when they're literally gambling with the last 1,000 humans.). I mean, maybe if the series kind of tried lampshading how unrealistic and ridiculous their one-dimensional train of thought is, I could see your point, but no matter what way you flip it, we've seen these guys before, and the only rel changes are some new coats of paint.

Now what I like about the series…I'm having more trouble with. The animation's good, but there're obvious budget brick walls time to time (still frames in the forest sequences and some of the action sequences) the OST, it's good, but I don't watch TV with my eyes closed, and I forgot it was even there most of the time, and one thing interesting about the characters is the interactions kind of take advantage of how basic their archetypes are like the big emphasis on the number 3(the sections, the protagonists, the corresponding antagonists). The series isn't irredeemable per se, but I think the problem is it's not taking enough advantage of the tropes present, which is a pretty big part of good anime or action, anyway. Titan kind of had that at first, but it didn't really hit because of one of my biggest issues with the series since day one: the pacing. It slugs too much for the fights scenes to be special, but spends too much time on dialogue and further complicating the plot so it just feels like it's zigzagging between story and action, even with the whole formula of "Exposition-Arc-cooldown".

And one more thing I found disappointing: the designs of the Titans aside from the Colossal and Armored are just too goofy and human like to take series. The "giant naked people" thing you actually could make threatening, but god, those smiles and hairdos just make them look way too animal like, and yes, I know it's part of their established nature to be giant lumbering beasts, but I went into the series expecting them all to look more like the Colossal Titan, but the nickname "Titan" just doesn't add up well to giant, hairy, smiling, chubby naked men.

Member with Funniest Posts 2018 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Regular) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Sentence mix-core) / Top 10 Videos of Mar 2018_2 (Classic) The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. The- Collab; 93 minutes and 55 unique entrants. For getting all the standard and limited ornaments For leaving something out for the Grinch and Robotnikclaus For getting all the standard ornaments Guess. User with Funniest Avatars 2017
Spirit of YouChew Award 2018 That's a lot of love! For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards DIABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EYELASHES For getting 20 awards For staying strike free for 5 years. Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For collecting all the silver cards. For completing Twilight Princess with three hearts during the community challenge. For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. For completing The Wind Waker with all heart pieces during the community challenge. For collecting all the bronze cards Participated in the YouChew Easter Basket event For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 For completing Super Mario Bros. 1, 2, 3 & World during our community challenge event. For clearing Super Mario Galaxy 2 to 100% completion during the community challenge event. For completing SMB2: The Lost Levels (GBC version, 'For Super Players') during the community challenge event. For completing Super Mario Bros during the community challenge event. E3 Bingo 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Participating in Chew-Or-Treat 2013 For referring Shinybeedrill and Lord of the Cats to YouChew. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year

AGSMA

This sums up everything I know about Batman 89:

ekg41Zg.png

(I haven't seen it)

The funny thing is that this picture is taken from Batman Returns.

And I agree with SuperYoshi, the directing freedom of the sequel really stands out and it really makes me wonder why Batman Returns isn't brought to a conversation like it's predecessor or Batmn & Robin, heck, I've seen more conversations about Batman Forever than Batman Returns.

Too bad that this directing freedom is almost not present in recent Tim Burton films.

For being part of the six-way tie for 2nd Place in the 2017 Ghostly Art Contest! Spirit of YouChew 2017 That's a lot of love! bubble gum and taffy For receiving some chalky, tasteless candy! For giving away those sweet treats! Gave Umigame an AGSMA attack. For participating in the 2009 and 2010 Secret Santa event For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards For getting 20 awards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Participated in the 2015 YouChew Secret Santa Art Exchange Submitting 50 videos to the Video System Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 25 videos mmmmmricher Congrats on having completed 5 matches!

Erazor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ULSvR6hhyI

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the cards For collecting all the gold cards For completing The Wind Waker during the community challenge. For completing Hyrule Warriors during the community challenge. Congratulations on finishing the first dungeon goddamnit. For collecting all the silver cards For collecting all the bronze cards Spooky Poop 2015 Thanks for the donation Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years SKINNER Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos

Whelt

He didn't kill him, he chose not to save him.

After stuffing dynamite in his belt and pushing him down a hole.

Friendliest User 2015
Smartest User 2015
Smartest User 2016
Most Helpful Member 2016
Smartest User 2017
Most Helpful Member 2017
Most Helpful Member 2018
Smartest User 2018

The Pope

One of my main problems with the series, as I've said several times before, is the characters are anything but complex, original, or well-defined. I know you've said before you think they're "psychopathic" because of how ingrained their archetypes are, but I just see it as typical anime laziness and trope-sticking that you see so often: Eren's the "Kill 'em all" Shonen protagonist who probably eventually figures out that flaling a sword everywhere while rushing into battle and being a complete fucking idiot maybe isn't a good idea. Mikasa's the spiritual guardian who's only goal is to ensure the protagonist's survival. Armin's the "frail, but brilliant tactician" who has a chance of being easily corrupted(though the "shitty role models thing, you do have a point on, though given the conflict and setting, I don't know if they could be any better of "role models" when they're literally gambling with the last 1,000 humans.). I mean, maybe if the series kind of tried lampshading how unrealistic and ridiculous their one-dimensional train of thought is, I could see your point, but no matter what way you flip it, we've seen these guys before, and the only rel changes are some new coats of paint.

The thing with Eren, look at most "kill em all" protagonists. Most Shonen protagonists have some kind of restraint. But when Eren gets into battle, he really is that fucking looney. He's not "I'm gonna beat up all the bad guys", he's "I'm going to murder anyone I want to and damn the consequences". People call him out on this when humans start being added to his list, and eventually he does realize that he's been going too far, and when given the opportunity to just quit...he wants to take it. A lot of heroes act as the "messiah" who are like "Let me burden the pain!", but eventually Eren's like "I've done nothing but harm, let someone else take over", and everyone else has to talk him into being their hero.

The thing with Mikasa is that she literally gives no fucks about anyone but Eren. Like, she would slaughter the human race if it would keep Eren safe. Though that could be touched upon a bit more.

And Armin...whoof. Not sure how far into the manga you are, but you know how he started considering "the ends justify the means" towards the end of the first season of the anime? Let's just say he pushes himself closer and closer down the line, to the point that he genuinely becomes one of the most unhinged characters.

Also, characters like Jean and the Titan Shifters (ain't namin names obviously) are very complex, possibly coming across as one-note at first before revealing that they have a lot more going on to them.

The animation's good, but there're obvious budget brick walls time to time (still frames in the forest sequences and some of the action sequences) the OST, it's good, but I don't watch TV with my eyes closed, and I forgot it was even there most of the time, and one thing interesting about the characters is the interactions kind of take advantage of how basic their archetypes are like the big emphasis on the number 3(the sections, the protagonists, the corresponding antagonists). The series isn't irredeemable per se, but I think the problem is it's not taking enough advantage of the tropes present, which is a pretty big part of good anime or action, anyway. Titan kind of had that at first, but it didn't really hit because of one of my biggest issues with the series since day one: the pacing. It slugs too much for the fights scenes to be special, but spends too much time on dialogue and further complicating the plot so it just feels like it's zigzagging between story and action, even with the whole formula of "Exposition-Arc-cooldown".

The animation is rough, but if you watch it on Blu-ray, it's much better. Far fewer still frame pans (which yes, were stupid). The soundtrack is amazing, but I'm the type of guy to download anime soundtracks and listen to them solo, so just having it on in the background of the show might not make you appreciate it as much. As for other characters, the next arc focuses a lot more on the side characters, so that'll help things (and no it doesn't just do so for them to die a la the Female Titan arc). In terms of pacing, I will admit that the first four episodes suffer, as do the last four, and they spend too much time in the forest. But once Trost gets moving, the pacing of it is near perfect (though the events of episodes 10-12 where everyone freaks out over Eren's powers and he struggles to control them could be abridged a bit I suppose).

And one more thing I found disappointing: the designs of the Titans aside from the Colossal and Armored are just too goofy and human like to take series. The "giant naked people" thing you actually could make threatening, but god, those smiles and hairdos just make them look way too animal like, and yes, I know it's part of their established nature to be giant lumbering beasts, but I went into the series expecting them all to look more like the Colossal Titan, but the nickname "Titan" just doesn't add up well to giant, hairy, smiling, chubby naked men.

I think all of the Titan Shifters look great. Eren's Titan form is one of the coolest protagonist designs I've seen, and the Female Titan looks great too. As for generic titans...I guess I can't argue with that. It's intentional, but it is a little goofy.

Except the Smiling Titan. He'll always be terrifying.

qu6IUlC.png

For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting 20 awards Wads of dosh It's like giving heals to each of your five idiot teammates. Except you never play healer. I do. It's definitely not Hancock loooool For completing Twilight Princess during the community challenge. User with Funniest Signatures 2016, Spirit of YouChew Award 2016, Most Likely to Rule the World 2016 Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years Reaching 1 Million Chewbucks For getting in the Super Silver donation group Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years April 2013 - YTPMV Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos For being on the Vanilla forums for 135 days before it was shut down ALWAYS WITH THE DAMN LAGOS The original ninja info cards. Ribbit! ta-da Thanks for sharing your treats!

G ☆

Armin, I know is actually supposed to be corrupt because

Like I said, the paralell between him and Wall Sina, and I at least caught the "I know you're a guy!" bit of the manga before dropping it

So he gets a bit of a free pass, but I still stand by my claims that Eren and Mikasa are by far some of the least interesting characters so far, because again, just how flat they are. Eren's either a complete single-pathed lunatic or the human embodiment of the anime gasp we love seeing so much from Shonen protagonists, and Mikasa seriously has no other character traits (from what I can tell anyway) other than "protect Eren" which, like I said, I think is good in the sense of the tripod symbolism throughout the series, but also brings me to what I think is some of the most wasted potential in the entire series:

That Eren didn't die the first time he was eaten, and that Mikasa wasn't set up for the main character instead. Yes, it would've changed the story entirely especially the importance of Eren's powers later on, but it would've been much more clever and interesting. Hell, it would've been neat to see Eren actually partially shift into his Titan form, but then either gets overwhelmed or is forced to be killed by Mikasa or someone. Again, would be hell to stabilize for a decent story, but would've been a really neat shift.

In the end though, it's really just that I'm not a huge fan of "insert 'relatable' MC here"s like Eren or Shinji Ikari. I mean, I don't know if you'd call Eren "relatable", and as much shit as I give him and everyone else for being one-dimensional, the character interactions almost make up for it, my favorite example being Hannes's response to Eren scolding him for giving up on his mom, with

Eren, Reiner, and Bert's argument in the tree

being a close second.

And yes, from now on I'll make sure to put anymore repeats of this discussion in AoT's thread.

The Pope

That scene of him and Hannes talking still always gets me; such a fantastic scene.

As for why Mikasa couldn't be the protagonist...well, she revolves everything around Eren, so if Eren died, she'd just go into a slump. Yeah she pulled herself up in Episode 7, but she'd lose a lot of her driving force if that continued on.

Erazor

Ooh, I finally remembered an opinion I have that's probably iconoclastic enough to be worth posting here:

I love A.I. and I think its ending is terrific. I was actually tearing up while working with footage from it for Gwonam's Gweat Adventuwe even while I was laughing at what I was turning it into.

I agree. AI is one of my favorite movies, and the ending with the post-humans is a really unique way to end what was already a pretty bananas "rights for artificial intelligence" story.

Furnessly

I actually did like The Tailor of Panama even though a lot of people don't, then again it has been a while since last saw it.

On the other hand I didn't really like Godfather Part 2 very much. The original despite only watching it a couple of years ago has become one of my favourite movies and actually learnt me a couple of lessons. Since the sequel people really liked just as much as the original so decided to try watching it this year since it was recorded (that I did on April Fools) and found a lot of it to be slow, boring and trying to mimic some of the scenes in the original but with weaker execution. The wedding/party at the beginning didn't have the same impact as the original plus the ending just felt like it was just there and had to tack on something that looked like a deleted scene in the original (it wasn't). Also felt that Alfredo the brother traitor and the conclusion on how Michael figured it out as lacking (the movie was pushing that Hyman was the traitor and

he still got shot and killed

). It was like dah, dah, dah, oh my brother was the traitor? I also felt the scenes where Michele was mistreating his wife/girlfriend to be out of character, like they were trying to mimic the scene with Sonny doing the same with his girlfriend/wife in the original. While it did work due to Sonny's tempermental behaviour, it didn't really work with the colder Michael. Also it didn't have as much emotional impact where it had births, weddings, deaths and a baptism, much of it was Michael being in business meetings. On Michael's part only a few people got killed and the mob war thing seemed to be underplayed.

The parts that I did enjoy were actually the scenes where Vito Corleone was growing up from Italy to New York on how he became the Godfather. The Cuba scene wasn't too bad I suppose. If it wasn't for those scenes, would have found the movie to be very disappointing.

For staying warn free for 9 years For going for broke, and reaching it! For writing 10221 words worth in blog entries. For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 256 days before it was shut down Thanks for being Strike-Free for three years! For uploading five poops! For being a Tennis favorite of the Fucks! For completing ten tennis matches! For completing five tennis matches! Thanks for being Strike-Free! Thanks for writing plenty of news articles!