• Announcements

• Whelt

Metroid Game Challenge!   09/03/2017

There's a Metroid game challenge going on now. Check it out in the Games forum!
robotnikman

Smartphones Megathread

688 replies to this topic

robotnikman   
robotnikman

This was originally the Android thread, but it seems like it branched out into discussion of general smartphones, so I renamed it accordingly. I also preserved the original post below for posterity's sake.

Android, i love this system ever since i got my moto droid phone

my favorite app for it is probobly sniper shot, which is pretty fun

discuss all and anything about android phones or android related

500px-android-logosvg.png

Edited by SirSigma
Now it's smartphones in general
For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year THE MASTER OF MEEN Thanks for the cookies!

SirSigma   
SirSigma

Now we're talking! YEEEAHHH

Proud EVO owner here. I'm loving the Froyo update.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 For the category of Most Helpful Member.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

Cathexis   
Cathexis

I absolutely love the Android OS. My friends has a G1. I have a Nokia 5230 and its so slow and the Symbian OS is kinda outdated.

For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years For avoiding the tyranny of our regime.

robotnikman   
robotnikman

It is my duty as an Android user to say "Fuck you Iphone."

And also my favorite app is this.

small_courtyard_sshot.png

this game is awesome

also, the playstation emulator for it is alright, has its small flaws but still awesome

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 1 year THE MASTER OF MEEN Thanks for the cookies!

Deaniac   
Deaniac

I want one very, very badly, because my current phone is a piece of shit. I remember trying the Incredible out at the Verizon store, and it was great. I would've gotten the original Droid, but they've since discontinued it for the Droid 2 :(

I'd simply get the Droid 2, if it wasn't so frickin expensive.

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

SirSigma   
SirSigma

I want one very, very badly, because my current phone is a piece of shit. I remember trying the Incredible out at the Verizon store, and it was great. I would've gotten the original Droid, but they've since discontinued it for the Droid 2 :(

I read some reviews, and it looks like Droid 2 really isn't worth it. If you want a better interface, you could just get the Droid Incredible, and if you wanted a better display, you could get a Droid X. They're also all the same price right now, and the only good reason to get the Droid 2 over either of those is for the physical keyboard.

For staying warn free for 9 years For staying strike free for 7 years. For having a blog entry featured. For writing 13641 words worth in blog entries. 2013 Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For the category of Most Likely To Rule The World.
2013 Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos Been here since the turn of 07. For having lost not one, but two accounts. Giving myself a PRRRROMOTION For servicing us. Heh. Thanks for the donation! The forum appreciates your good behavior. For Lucky Lottery.

RealGenericFilms   
RealGenericFilms

If I wasn't stuck in a dumbphone contract I'd have one. Next summer dualcore stuff will be out so fuck yeah.

Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 1 year For being on the Vanilla forums for 41 days before it was shut down

Deaniac   
Deaniac

I read some reviews, and it looks like Droid 2 really isn't worth it. If you want a better interface, you could just get the Droid Incredible, and if you wanted a better display, you could get a Droid X. They're also all the same price right now, and the only good reason to get the Droid 2 over either of those is for the physical keyboard.

I do remember trying out the Incredible at the Verizon store, and I loved it. I haven't tried the Droid X yet but it looks good.

also unintentional necrobump, my bad

For staying warn free for 9 years For collecting all the bronze cards Participating in the Halloween costume event for 5 years For getting in the Bronze donation group For completing a Secret Santa Art exchange prior to 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 7 years For participating in the 2014 Ghostly Art Contest! 

For participating in the 2015 Ghostly Art Contest! Best Artist 2014, Best Artist 2015
Best Artist 2016 For having a blog entry featured. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years For being on the Vanilla forums for 55 days before it was shut down For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray!

SirSigma   
SirSigma

I do remember trying out the Incredible at the Verizon store, and I loved it. I haven't tried the Droid X yet but it looks good.

also unintentional necrobump, my bad

Don't sweat it.

Also, if you're planning to root, I would stay away from the Droid X right now since it has a internal design that makes rooting very difficult/inconvenient. If you want to root, I'd grab the Incredible instead, since the Droid X and Droid 2 are both designed by Motorola and there's a good chance Droid 2 is designed the same way.

Maq   
Maq

I really want to get one of those upcoming Sony ones that sort of has a built-in PSP... I forget the exact name, and the only model picture is fake, unfortunately. I would love to have an Android phone either way.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

SirSigma   
SirSigma

i want one of these really badly.

i have an lg env touch and the thing has so many fucking glitches and problems. i've had to get a refurbished model twice (one time, the one they gave me didn't even work), and I'll be working on a third one because mine won't charge anymore. but i digress

these things look awesome but i most likely will never get one.

Isn't the LG EnV Touch on T-Mobile? By the time your contract expires, the G2 might be out by then.

SirSigma   
SirSigma

This is the one that I wanted.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/11/exclusive-sony-ericsson-to-introduce-android-3-0-gaming-platfor/

There's not even that much information revealed about it yet, other than that it's a gaming-based phone. But it makes me drool in anticipation.

I'm sure when it's out it's going to have a lot of good functionality with the PS3 as well. I remembered hearing some Sony Ericsson phones were like that.

Maq   
Maq

This is the one that I wanted.

http://www.engadget....gaming-platfor/

There's not even that much information revealed about it yet, other than that it's a gaming-based phone. But it makes me drool in anticipation.

I'm sure when it's out it's going to have a lot of good functionality with the PS3 as well. I remembered hearing some Sony Ericsson phones were like that.

Oh, that sounds so awesome! Now I'm anticipating it even more.

User with Funniest Signatures 2017 For participating in the 2016 Secret Santa Art Exchange! For staying strike free for 7 years. For getting in the Blue Tier donation group For staying strike free for 5 years. Chewbot gives congrats for being strike free for over 3 years Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 8 videos BOOIIIINNNGGG

Intermission   
Intermission

Wish I could have one of these, but I'm a broke piece of shit.

For bein' a bitch Designing card #7 For staying strike free for 7 years. Chewbot gives congrats for not getting any warnings for over 5 years 2013
Most Likely to Rule the World 2015 Chewbot gives congrats for exceeding 1,000,000 chewbucks Chewbot gives congrats for uploading 5 videos clobber my dick for fluck I organized a Festival that was lost when we were attacked by an insane, obsessive manchild Car-Bond For winning this year's Ford Trivia Event. Hooray! Posting after Dopply For the incredible Ford image. For active service defending the fatherland, Administrator 2nd Class Emperor Ing awards IntermissionForBunny, Moderator 4th Class the medal for Moderator Service.<br />
<br />
Stand strong, soldier! I'm a genius