mrSimon (Also known as 'The Electric Cheese') was a well-known Youtube Pooper during the boomer period, and was responsible (controversially) for the popularization of particular poop tropes, including the use of Volvic commercials, a YouTube Poop logo and set of idents, the use of the phrase "Where there's smoke they pinch back" as a slogan for marketing/branding, the term YTPMV to categorize musical poops and using himself as a source in videos.
From 2009 onwards, mrSimon produced less YTP content as he shifted his focus onto his music and netlabel as well as his professional work in the games industry. He eventually announced his retirement from the scene on YouChew in January 2011, however since then he has occasionally produced new content, though very rarely.
The first poop mrSimon saw was Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 Remixed on Sheezyart (AKA I'D SAY HE'S HOT ON OUR TAIL). Watching the poop reminded mrSimon of a relativly unknown TV show called Cult Toons which aired in the UK on Cartoon Network in 1999.
As mrSimon began to produce YTPs, his memories of Cult Toons would serve as his most influential source of inspiration. However, as the poop scene developed on YouTube, he was inspired by a number of other poopers.
Before mrSimons participation in the YTP scene, he would create electronic music as a hobbyist. As he continued to produce YTP content, he began to implement remixes as part of the overall poop. Eventually, he started to use the term YTPMV to categorize such videos. Although he did not coin the phrase, he's arguably responsible for encouraging adoption.
Beyond YTPs, mrSimon continued to maintain his netlabel Breakbit until 2014. mrSimon also continued to produce remixes of TV shows and movies, and release them on his YouTube channel (e.g. Constant (a Dexters Laboratory remix) and Spirit (a Casper remix)). These remixes though steered away from the comedic delivery of YTPMVs, and instead focus on narrative and atmosphere.
mrSimon as a source
Referring to mrSimon can also mean using video clips of him as a pooping source, as opposed to an author of videos. Due to this, mrSimon is also categorized as a Character in addition to a Pooper.
mrSimon originally inserted himself to very boldly and abruptly announce that he wouldn't continue to use Volvic commercials as a source in his videos. In the clip filmed for "The Electric Cheese crushes your expectations", mrSimon says coldly "I'm never using that again", before revealing he has his fingers crossed. However, as he continued to develop new YTPs, he would continue to come back to this short clip, and use it in various different ways, much like other sources.
He'd later film another clip as part of a tennis match with McMaNGOS. In the clip, mrSimon says "I've just been to the gym, I'm fat, I'm knackered and I suck as YouTube Poop so get used to it". He also says "Why did you reverse this McMaNGOS? you sad twat!", however it was presented in reverse with the intention that McMaNGOS would be the first to find this secret message while preparing the tennis response.
- "I'm never using that again."
- "JUST BEEN TO A GYM, I'M FAT, I'M KNACKERED, AND I SUCK AT YOUTUBE POOP SO GET USED TO IT."
- "I'm using that again."
- "Why did you reverse this McMaNGOS, you sad McMaNGOS"
- mrSimon's most popular poop is "Stu contemplates suicide at 4am".
- mrSimon originally released poops on the YouTube channel 'mrSimonAlt'. After deciding to rebrand himself as 'The Electric Cheese', he gave his account away to an unknown individual. They released a number of videos, before the account was suspended.
- mrSimon has created many YTPMV's, including "Stay here while I bash Koopa football playas", "temperature rising getting HAAAAAWT" and "Ganon hates grating cheese".
- mrSimon began a number of fads, including Hotel Mario (Every noun replaced with an explosion), Antipoop and The bomb dilemma. He is also considered to have escalated the popularity of the DIS IS A VOLCAYNO fad.